Friday, April 8, 2011

In Praise of "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" \m/ \m/ 1986



It is May 31, 1986 in Landover Maryland when two buddies take a crappy video camera and microphone into the parking lot outside a Judas Priest concert and begin interviewing the drunk heavy metal fans tail-gating there.
What emerges is a brilliant 15 minute time capsule, a document of wasted youth, raging hormones and high school girls that wanted to jump Rob Halford's bones ( Not Likely).











The thing that kills me is in my real life, when I take off the Roy Wood make-up and wig, I shoot stories and half hour documentaries. I love the one location shoot for efficiency's sake but I have yet to make anything this memorable. Devil Fingers to the filmakers: \m/ \m/.

Dave Grohl confims Nirvana kept a VHS copy of Heavy Metal Parking Lot on the tour bus and watched it all the time. The video has been parodied left and right.

But you must see the original. Here's your chance to
see "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" Right Now for Free on Hulu

No comments:

Post a Comment